Learn about us and introduce yourself
#70516 by traubtuff Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 am
ANDREW STEVENS sells trucks he is in the UK and his truck is for sale free shipping [email protected] SCAMMER
Advertisement

#70522 by Gus Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 am
Thank you for posting. Can you give us any more information, for example which sites he is using, and the text of his adverts? Many of these scammers use various false names and email addresses, so the more information we can post publically, the more likely potential victims can find it.
#70894 by ThoughtCrime7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 am
I compiled a detailed report on this scam and sent it to eBay and AutoTrader. You can download the zip file with all the documentation here:

download link deleted - dotti
#70896 by Dotti Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am
Welcome ThoughtCrime!

I have deleted your link . I'm sure you can understand that as a forum dedicated to helping people stay secure and safe online, we would not be protecting our members or even setting a good example by allowing unverified links, especially links that involve downloading files in a format commonly used for malware.

In addition, we want the information posted here to be able to be searched, as finding this information is key to helping others to avoid being scammed.

If there is information in your summary that you feel is key, please feel free to simply cut and paste it here.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#72192 by AABBCC Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm
Hi also got an email from [email protected] "Andrew Stevens" after replying to an ad for a silver Volkswagen Jetta on the AutoTrader website. I notice the ad was taken down the next day. But here's his weak attempt at a "story":

"The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $4,000.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation to Vancouver are included in the price, I won a promotion (1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions."

I really hope no one falls for this nonsense...
#72222 by Bubbles Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners AABBCC and thank you for posting this information for others to find. You did well recognizing the scam and not sending any money.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#72278 by adam21 Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 am
I just received an email back from [email protected] after I replied to his "2003 Subaru Forester - NORTH YORK - $3,800" on Auto Trader. This was his response:

" Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3800.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks "

Thanks but no thanks Andrew.
#72344 by Bubbles Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners adam21, it is great you recognized the nature of the scam. As you know, they are not interested in your or any other car. They would send you a check for more than the amount and ask you to forward the difference to them by Western Union. The problem is the check will be a forgery and you will be stuck with the problems related to putting a forged check into your bank account.

#74102 by Tom Breeson Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 am
Hey Guys!
Andrew Stevens is still busy. He has a 1999 Mazda Miata for sale in Auto trader for $2000.00. Almost fell for the exact same story you guys did. "The car is in Thunder Bay" I'm living in the UK. The flags went up when I found that E-bay doesn't, and won't, use Western Union money transfers. His e-mail address has changed "[email protected]". Auto trader has been notified as well as RCMP. Why can't someone get this guy, or group?
#74104 by began steele Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 pm
He is Africa Tom.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#74145 by Bubbles Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 am
As Began says, the scammer is in a different jurisdiction and is not know who he really is. They hide behind email addresses and either stolen names or fake names. They often use internet cafes so they can't be tracked by their computer identifiers.

Their crimes do not individually interest international law enforcement efforts. A few do get caught, but it isn't an easy case to gather evidence for and prosecution is not always clear.

I hope you will join us in exposing their efforts to trick unsuspecting people.

#74750 by casperkid004 Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm
Hello all!
He's at it still. We found an add for a 2005 Toyota Highlander LTD for $7200. We emailed with some concerns to this "Andrew" as the price was half of what the usual price is. From the first minute I was suspicious of the Auto Trader ad. The email he sent back is below:

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $7200.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks

Yes, it reads exactly the same as one of your other posters posted on this forum. I have also notified Auto Trader of this ad. What everyone says "If It's To Good To Be True, It Probably Is"!
Regards,
JH
-----------------
Well I got another response from this guy after sending my last email asking that I must speak with him on the phone regarding other questions (before doing this research and finding this website).
His response below:

Hi,

Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.
2. They will send us the forms by email - for you about the payment
3. I will send the vehicle to your location and you will send the payment to eBay.
4. After you will inspect the vehicle and decide to keep it, they will transfer the money into my account.

RETURN POLICY:
If by any reason the vehicle is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because the vehicle is in excellent condition.
As soon as the vehicle arrives, you will test it and if it does not match 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 10 working days since the arrival date. In this case you will send me the vehicle in the same condition you received it.

Please provide me with your full name and shipping address so I can register the deal with eBay.

Thanks

So I have just notified the RCMP and Auto Trader regarding the ad. I really hope no one gets duped in.
Regards,
JH
#75535 by bluelake Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 pm
I also got this guy's email for a 2006 Highlander ($8,400) at autotrader. I am suspicious of the ads as he said the car is not in Toronto and has to be shipped to me.

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $8400.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

exact the same message. fortunatele I checked this website before deal with him.
#75704 by angel-angel Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm
Hi, He is still at large!! Thanks to scam warners I confirmed my bad gut-feeling. He put up a 2009 Mercedes-benz for $9800 at Auto Trader, sent me the same email. I knew it was too good to be true. More people should know about him.

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $9400.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks
#76003 by kmyny19 Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:59 am
Hello

He is definitely busy.... Currently has a posting for a Chevy Silverado 1999 for $2000.00 - almost fell for this but the using ebay as a third party sounded fishy to me so I google'd his email andress and here I am.

The ad is on Auto Trader.